The monsoon brings relief from scorching heat and makes weather so pleasant, yet one problem that almost everyone faces is sticky, itchy scalp and dry, frizzy hair. Here is how you can deal with it:
1. Itchy scalp:
Due to excess humidity, the scalp skin, just like your face skin, tends to get sticky.
– Do not oil your hair specially when you step out as this will attract dirt and fungus, leading to dandruff and scalp infections.
– Use a mild shampoo suitable for your hair type. You can shampoo even daily if needed. Gently wash off your scalp in under 2 mins.
– Concentrate on washing the scalp than the hair. The shampoo will run down over your hair and its enough to cleanse your hair.
2. Dry frizzy hair:
Hair tends to absorb water from humid air fast and becomes dry and difficult to manage.
-Apply good quality rinse off conditioner after shampoo is washed off.
-Take care to apply conditioner only on the hair and not scalp as it will make the scalp sticky.
– Keep conditioner on hair for a good 2-3 mins.
– Conditioner replenishes the hair with the moisture lost due to cleansers in the shampoo.
– If your hair feels dry and frizzy even after conditioner, then you can apply hair serum on towel dried hair. Hair serum is non sticky and will help give a glossy effect to hair.